Hey guys! For those of you romping around the world of Destiny, some things are about to change for you and your loot. Over the past few weeks, people have been kind of upset about the engram system that is in place right now. Some players feel as if the Cryptarch is simply stealing their legendary items and giving them tin cans instead. Bungie has noticed this issue and along with fixing loot caves and other experience breaking issues, they are patching the greedy greedy Cryptarch to finally give you those items he has been pocketing since launch, wonder where he keeps all of them.
Here is a short summary posted by Bungie on their site, to outline some of the changes coming in the 1.0.2 patch due out in the next week or so.
- Cayde-6 took the Cryptarch aside and showed him a sack of doorknobs. He decoded that mystery pretty quickly.
- Legendary Engrams will always produce Legendary or better quality items, including Materials or Exotics
- Rare Engrams will always produce Rare or better quality items
- Rare engrams will have an increased chance to produce Legendary quality items
- Daily Heroics, Weekly Heroics, and Vanguard: Tiger Playlist activities will include Rare and Legendary Engrams in addition to their existing rewards
- Ascendant materials have been promoted to Legendary to closer associate them with the gear they are used to upgrade
- Legendary Engram items that exist in your inventory will be demoted to Rare quality when the patch goes live, so decode them while you can. But let’s be honest–even if you don’t, we all know they were blues already…